Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Is this a good high school huck finn essay to turn in?

Hmm. I'm in High School, and I know that if I turned this in (my teachers are HARD graders), I probably wouldn't get any higher than a D. First off, I would start by using the full title of the book rather than just Huck Finn. Second, there are many typos and missing punctuation that need to be fixed. It also seems like a very short essay (not sure the length your teacher wants it to be..), and you never ever ever use first or second person in a formal essay. No I's, you's, or we's (we know you're writing it, therefore everything, it is implied, is your idea)!!! Also, in formal essays, you never use contractions - don't won't it's... fix those and make them their complete words. You need to develop a strong thesis, and that being said, your introdcution paragraph needs to be longer and more explanatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment